Pile is a chronic problem. It does not happen in a day as it occurs due to on and off constipation, irregular eating, smoking, irregular sleeping habits, long sitting jobs, lack of exercise, pregnancy, stress and anxiety. Here are some major home remedies for piles and some tips which help you to keep piles under control and prevent you from having piles.
Home Remedies For Piles
- Avoid Constipation - Many people who have piles say that we never suffered from constipation. That's right, but they always had some sort of upset stomach, irregular bowel habits or eating habits. They do suffer from gas, flatulence, acidity, indigestion, lack of appetite or any one of the above. All these problems lead to piles. Fiber rich diet is recommended in these cases. Fruits like papaya, apples, pears, melons, peaches & grapes etc are all good for keeping the bowel clean.
- Aloe vera juice is highly recommended for people having acidity, indigestion, lack of appetite & flatulence etc. This juice is a wonderful herbal home remedy for piles as well as constipation. Take fresh leaves of aloe vera plant, remove out the gel and make juice of it by putting it in a juicer. Consume 20 ml of juice twice daily, early morning on empty stomach and also in the evening 1 hour before dinner with equal amount of water.
- Radish juice - Raw radish juice or fresh radish meshed into little fibers is a wonderful home remedy for piles. Radish can be made into juice in a juicer. It should be taken two times a day at morning and night time. Drink ¼ cup of radish juice on initial stage and then increase it up to ½ cup.
- Figs - Soak three to four figs in a glass of water and keep it overnight. In the next morning consume them on empty stomach. Do this for at least 20 days. This gives relief in piles and is also one of the best home remedy for piles.
- Roasted Black Cumin seeds can be used as a wonderful home remedy for piles. Roast 1 tsp of black cumin and mix them with 1 tsp of unroasted black cumin seeds. Consume them in a dosage of 1/2 teaspoonful with water. Once daily is sufficient. This is a very useful herbal home remedy for piles.
- Sticky food items like Banana & Yogurt (Curd) should be avoided. Though Yogurt is rich in natural calcium and lactic acid but still it produces “Ama” as per Ayurveda which is the root cause of formation of toxins in the body or fermentation process in the intestines. Banana is responsible for constipation.
- Another popular home remedy for piles is Carom seed powder. Drink a glassful of buttermilk with 1/4th teaspoonful of Carom seed powder with a pinch of rock salt.
- Green leafy vegetables cooked and consumed with 1 teaspoonful of (Cow’s ghee) keep the stomach and digestion healthy. This is an effective home remedy for piles.
- Ksharsutra is a procedure described in Ayurvedic medicine of India as an effective Ayurvedic treatment for piles. Though this is not a home remedy for piles and need specialist intervention of an Ayurvedic surgical specialist. Ksharsutra procedure is done at various Ayurveda hospitals in India by Ayurvedic surgeons. The therapy is being adopted, well researched and now being practiced in many modern medicine hospitals. The “ksharsutra” therapy is giving much better outcome in many cases of stubborn piles.
- The piles in “Ksharsutra” method are tied firmly with a special medicated and alkaline string for a particular period. After that piles fall off due to alkalinity of the thread and the cutting properties. It does not hurt much and the outcome is better. For really stubborn piles, this method is recommended, especially in cases where the regular surgery is not providing any relief to the patient and the piles are recurrent.
- Turnip leaves are one of the effective home remedies for piles. The juice of leaves is taken twice daily in dosage of 100 ml. Proper diet is followed with this therapy. One should avoid non-vegetarian diet, soft drinks, fast food and other (greasy, sticky, heavily cooked, dry and frozen food) in general.
- Another Best home remedy for piles is Ginger juice. It can be avoided, if there is acidity as well. This herb works best when piles are not bleeding. Ginger is good home remedy for piles if they are dry piles and non-bleeding. It works best in lack of appetite, fatigue, weak digestion and acidity. Half a teaspoonful of fresh ginger juice mixed with 1 teaspoonful of fresh lime juice is used twice daily. To make it more palatable, one can also add ½ teaspoonful of mint juice and 1 tbsp. of honey. This mixture is a wonderful home remedy for piles.
- Thick gruel of rice mixed with buttermilk and ripe banana is a wonderful home remedy for piles. This should be consumed once daily in small quantity of about 100 gram or so. It also provides nutrition to the person suffering from piles and should be avoided if someone has sugar. As it is rich in energy and glucose.
- Triphala – “Tri” means “three” and “phala” means “fruits”. The fruits of Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are considered as best home remedy for piles. These are not only useful in piles but are also used as an anti-ageing herbal remedy by many. Triphala is available in the form of capsules as well as powder. The powder is better for piles because it is rich in natural fiber content. Planet Ayurveda Vara Churna which can be taken 1 teaspoonful twice daily with lukewarm water after meals. It contains Emblica officinalis (Amla fruit) which is nature’s best source of natural vitamin C and therefore responsible for free radical scavenging leading to detoxification of the body every day. Triphala is regularly used as an effective herbal remedy for piles.
- Wheat grass is said to be good for treating piles as home remedy. This juice is used as enema to clean the bowels and to remove toxins from them. Neem water or lukewarm water is mixed with wheat grass juice and is given as enema in quantity of 90-120 ml. The enema is to be retained for about 15 minutes.
- Avoid spices and food which is full of chilies. The spicy food is irritant to the intestinal track and causes problem in piles patient. Preserved food, frozen food, canned food, fast food like pizza, burgers, noodles and soft drinks should be avoided for treating the piles.
- Onions have favorable effect on the piles especially bleeding piles. About 30 gm of onions should be finely rubbed in the water and 60 gm of sugar is added to it. Take this mixture two times a day. For dried piles crush onions and then roast it in ashes after that apply over the affected area. This is one of the popular home remedy for piles.
- Sesame seeds are also good in piles. Take them as decoction by boiling 20 gm of seeds in ½ liter of water till it is reduced by 1/3 rd. It can be taken with butter in bleeding piles. This is one of the best home remedy for piles.
- Avoid tea and coffee as they are also bad for piles.
- Another wonderful home remedy for piles is radish juice for local application. Take juice of white radish, mix with honey and apply this directly on the piles. This provides good results to piles patient.
- In Ayurveda there are several other herbs which are beneficial for piles and work as excellent herbal remedy.
- Sitz bath is recommended in piles patients. This bath is sitting in a bath tub filled with warm water. It should be done twice daily. Disinfectant can be added in the water. Natural disinfectants like Neem, Curcumin (Powder of Neem leaves and Turmeric powder) are natural disinfectants. If we do have neem and curcumin powders than it can be made into decoction. This decoction is put in the water to be used for sitz bath. Use of Sitz bath is a recommended practice in case of piles. The herbal remedies for piles can be used regularly along with Sitz bath to get best results.
Herbal Remedies For Piles
In Ayurveda piles are named as "Arsha" that is caused by vitiation of all three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha), low digestive fire & Apana vayu. Accumulation of waste products & varicosity of veins present in rectum is the main cause for this disease. Shri Ganga Pharmacy offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for herbal treatment of piles. We provides 100 percent pure and herbal products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. As they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors.