According to Ayurveda, the ancient healthcare system of India, the blood pressure is due to imbalanced "Vata" and "Pitta". High blood pressure is also known as Rakta Cappa Vriddhi in Ayurveda. According to modern medical system, blood pressure is due to lifestyle, eating habits, side effects of medicines, stress, anxiety and many other reasons.
When the arteries get hardened and the pressure increases within them it increases the pressure of blood which is medically known as High Blood Pressure. There are certain herbal remedies in Ayurveda for blood pressure which are found to be very effective & successful. These herbs not only treat high blood pressure but also prevents many other complications. The herbal treatment of blood pressure mainly consists of some herbal Remedies like Gotukola, Arjuna herb in the form of herbal tea or juice or capsules, Brahmi or Stress Support capsules for stress. These herbal remedies for blood pressure constitute excellent way to get rid of blood pressure naturally. It is better to go for natural care of the disease rather than depending upon chemical based drugs which cause so many side effects.
What is Blood Pressure?
Understanding the blood pressure in a Layman's language:-
Blood pressure is the force exerted by blood on the walls of the arteries, and when the pressure goes beyond certain limit it results to high pressure in blood which is called High Blood Pressure. Usually the normal blood pressure is 120 / 80 mm of Hg. and it starts to damage the inner walls of the arteries when raises to higher scale. As the inner wall of the arteries are damaged due to high blood pressure, therefore it gets harden and lose their elasticity and they become more prone to rupture or blockage.
This leads to minor leakages here and there leading to irregular blood supply to vital cells of brain, eyes, heart causing hemorrhage. This hemorrhage can lead to blindness, stroke, heart attack, erectile dysfunction and so many diseases.
Explaining the function of arteries through example - Just imagine a rubber pipe carrying water for irrigation to a big field. The rubber pipe is elastic when new. When it gets older, it gets hardened and starts to leak from various places and if it leaks, the excess water will destroy the plants around the leakage area and the plants which were going to get the water supply, also get destroyed because they did not get any water. Similarly if the arteries bleed, the tissues get damaged in the area where bleeding happens. This is called – Hemorrhage in medical terminology. The area which does not get blood supply because of hemorrhage or blockage in the artery leads to a situation called "ischemia" in medical terms.
Therefore the leakage or bleeding from the arteries can lead to damage in 2 ways:-
- Hemorrhagic (Stroke can be due to hemorrhage or can be due to Ischemia)
- Ischemia (Usually Myocardial Ischemia is the medical term used for heart attack)
After effects of Prolonged High Blood Pressure
- Heart Size Enlargement leading to Congestive heart failure (Left ventricular failure)
- Heart Attacks
- Blindness and retinopathy
- Tinnitus - ringing in the ears
- Facial paralysis
- Feeling of heat inside the body – especially behind the eyes
- Restlessness, Anxiety and Sleeplessness
Causes of High Blood Pressure
- Stress and Anxiety - Major cause of Blood Pressure now a days
- Adrenaline / Catchecholamines secreting tumors - Pheochromocytoma etc.
- Smoking - The smoke damages the inner walls of arteries and causes blockages and reduction in elasticity of arteries.
- Obesity - The field which the pipes have to irrigate becomes bigger in this case, therefore the pressure on the heart and arteries increases. Heart size enlarges and finally fails
- Alcohol - Chronic alcohol consumption can also lead to blood pressure along with too much consumption of Non-Veg diet.
- How Non-Veg diet can cause blood pressure - Here is an analogy to explain you the feelings of Chicken before getting slaughtered.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Blood Pressure
There are certain Ayurvedic remedies which should be used to care blood pressure permanently + thought balance + alkaline diet consumption is also necessary along with using herbal Remedies to keep this disease away from affecting the body. Alkaline diet means a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and avoiding high protein diet, alcohol and smoking.
By Thought Balance - Try to avoid Anger, overcome fears, phobias, stress and anxiety.
Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure by Shri Ganga Pharmacy
Shri Ganga Pharmacy offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Hypertension Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of high blood pressure. We provide 100 percent pure, effective and natural products. All the ingredients used in the preparation of this pack are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.