Diabetes Mellitus is a disease related to the impaired glucose tolerance of the body, insulin functioning is affected. Symptoms of diabetes can be excessive thirst, excessive hunger or excessive / frequent urination.
Diabetes Mellitus can be of Type 1 or Type 2 or pancreatic diabetes or gestational diabetes. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a metabolic kapha type of disorder in which reduced implementation of Agni leads to an inclination toward elevated blood sugar. (Ayurveda recognizes 24 forms of the disease commonly classified under Prameha - 4 are due to Vata dosha, 6 are due to Pitta dosha, and 10 are caused by Kapha dosha. The chief causes of diseases are fat, urine, and Kapha build-ups due to foods, liquids, lifestyle and others.) Ayurvedic practitioners attack diabetes using a multipronged approach. First, they deal with diet amendment, getting rid of sugar and simple carbohydrates, and putting emphasis on complex carbohydrates. Protein is inadequate, since excessive intake can damage the kidneys. Fat is also limited because there is often a shortage of pancreatic enzymes, making fat digestion difficult. Since many diabetics have auto antibodies, a cleansing program is instituted. Panchakarma is naturally used for this reason. This begins with herbal massages and an herbal steam sauna, followed by fasting to cleanse the body. This is followed by an herbal purge for the liver, pancreas, and spleen. Colon therapy is next, first to cleanse the digestive tract and then to reconstitute the system. Ayurvedic practitioners also use several herbal preparations for diabetics. Exercise is another cornerstone of ayurvedic treatment of diabetes. Yoga and breathing exercises are traditionally used.
Since Diabetes is a serious medical condition requiring constant care and it can be achieved with the help of herbal remedies that improve blood sugar metabolism. Some types of herbal remedies may be effective and others can be ineffective. Diabetic patients who use herbal remedies need to let their physicians and medicine providers know the exact history of the disease. The Diabetic herbal remedies play a wonderful role in controlling blood sugar level and diabetes
Natural Remedies For Diabetes
- Intake of bitter gourd daily as a useful herb for reducing blood sugar and controlling diabetes.
- Intake of 2 turmeric capsules daily thrice a day.
- Intake of rose apple stones powder twice daily.
- Intake of small amounts of fenugreek, musta, Arjuna, triphala, ajwan, haritaki mixed with ghee.
- Intake of amlaki powder, haldi powder with honey, twice daily.
- Intake of fenugreek, white pepper and turmeric powder with a glass of milk, twice daily.
- Intake of a mixture of bay leaf, turmeric and aloe vera gel, twice daily, before lunch and dinner.
- Intake of garlic as a natural herbal remedy for diabetes.
The correct diet prescribed by Ayurvedic Practitioners which would help in reducing your Blood Sugar Level
- It is necessary that you avoid intake of excessive sweets, carbohydrates and dairy products.
- You should eat more fresh vegetables and bitter fruits and herbs.
- You must include fried barley, cornflower, porridge, ghee, in your diet.
- Eat more orange and lemons.
- Eat a lot of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc.
Some other methods of avoiding Diabetes
- Oil massage
- Use of dry ginger and cardamom while taking bath
- Drinking water which is preserved in a copper vessel overnight.
Essential points to remember related to Ayurveda
- You should always use proper spices and oils.
- You should eat herbal preparations to improve your digestion
- You should maintain a difference between your meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner
- You should follow a balanced and healthy diet.
- You should follow a balanced and healthy diet.
Also, follow the kapha-mollifying diet. Evade excess intake of sweets, carbohydrates, and dairy products. Take more fresh vegetables and bitter herbs.
Other useful foods include :
Roasted or fried barley, corn flour, light, bitter vegetables, barley porridge, ghee, rice, and herbs like gokshura (Tribulus), gudmar (Gymnema), Triphala, musta, cardamom, Turmeric (Curcumin), or coriander, mixed with honey. Triphala with Amalaki juice can also be used to heal prameha. Barley is the main food to heal urinary diseases. Other ayurvedic methods to care prameha (diabetes) include arduous exercises, oil massage, steam, sits or waist bath, and sprinkling of water and ointment. Dry ginger, cardamom, and sandalwood may be used in baths or taken orally. A classical Ayurvedic formulation Madhumehantak Churna described in ancient Ayurvedic texts is one of the best blend of herbs for digesting sugar in the pancreas. A combination of gudmar and Shilajit is an excellent remedy too.
Herbal Remedies For Diabetes By Shri Ganga Pharmacy
Shri Ganga Pharmacy offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Diabetes Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of diabetes. These herbal remedies are very helpful in controlling high blood sugar levels. All the products provided by Shri Ganga Pharmacy are prepared without the addition of chemicals in it and hence are safe to use. All of the dietary supplements from the house of Shri Ganga Pharmacy are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian.