What is Cholesterol?
It is a cheesy substance that is produced by our body and it is also present in many food products that contain fat. Cholesterol has many variants which are good and not so good for the body. We all need some amount of Cholesterol for our body to function smoothly.
Cholesterol is a part of each and every cell in the body. It is transported to other body parts via blood in the form of lipoproteins which are better known as High density lipoproteins and low density lipoproteins.
The HDL Cholesterol or the high density lipoproteins are the good Cholesterol molecules which our body requires in a sufficient amount to function smoothly.
Liver, the biggest manufacturing machinery of our body is also responsible for making Cholesterol for our body. When we consume a diet rich in fats, large amounts of Cholesterol is produced in the Liver which can then prove to be harmful to the body.
What is a Healthy Cholesterol?
The blood Cholesterol in the body is subdivided into three classes which are :-
- HDL – High Density Lipoproteins
- LDL – Low Density Lipoproteins
High density lipoproteins is what we call as the good Cholesterol. It is required in the body to control the levels of the low density lipoproteins which are harmful to the body as they get stuck at various places such as the intestinal lumen and cause various health problems.
Triglycerides are the form of fats which are available in the food we eat. These are also to be monitored in the right amount to prevent risk of developing coronary heart problems.
Natural Treatment of High Cholesterol
- No Smoking - Smoking has no health benefits and is one of the most hazardous habits anyone can possess. It's better to avoid smoking all together than to experience its ill effects on the body in the long run.
- Control Obesity - People who are overweight are many times more prone to develop heart problems and coronary artery diseases than do thin people. Obesity poses many other health risks and there is no reason you should carry an excess weight in your body for long.
- Physical Activity - The more you stay mobile the better you are protected from Cholesterol related problems. People with a sedentary lifestyle are more prone to develop cardio – vascular problems than do other normal physically active people. At least 30 minutes of exercise, five days in a week is very important to maintain a healthy and fit body.
- Limit Saturated Fats in Diet - Your saturated fat intake should be less than 5 percent of your total intake of fats in meals. Instead, look for healthier options in diet like olive, peanut and canola oils. Food products rich in omega – 3 fatty acids are also good fat substitutes, these include nuts, fishes, Flax seeds, cha seeds etc.
Balancing HDL and LDL Cholesterol levels in the body
It is to be noted that high levels of HDL Cholesterol alone will not be enough for the body to maintain healthy heart and blood vessels.
It is also important to control the levels of LDL Cholesterol to manage risk of coronary artery problems in the future.
Herbal Remedies for High Cholesterol
Shri Ganga Pharmacy provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of high Cholesterol. These remedies are very helpful in reducing high Cholesterol levels naturally. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Shri Ganga Pharmacy are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.