Natural Treatment for Fistula in Ano
People are turning towards herbal remedies or ayurvedic medicines these days as these are very safe, free from side effects and very convenient to use also. These are available at reasonable cost and can be afford easily. Natural treatment for anal fistula getting popular day by day as many people around the world are suffering from such a painful condition and are scared of surgical operations which are further painful. As per Ayurvedic point of view Fistula in ano is known as "Bhagandara". It is caused by gradual decay of bones by organisms, excessive sexual intercourse, over straining during defaecation, excessive squatting posture & riding a horse lead to appearance of boil in the side of anus which is very painful, gradually suppurates & breaks open.
Anal Fistula - An Overview
Anal fistula is a small channel that develops between the end of bowel, called as anal canal and the skin near the anus. An anal fistula is a small channel that is very painful and causes bleeding while passing stools. The fistula ends can appear as holes on the surface of the skin around the anus.
Anal fistula mostly takes place due to anal abscess when it is not treated properly. An abscess is a collection of pus and infected fluid. An anal abscess usually develops after a small gland inside the anus, becomes infected with bacteria. A fistula can also be created due to conditions that affect the intestines such as ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease. Over 50 to 55 percent people with crohn's disease get anal fistula problem. Men are more likely to develop fistula in ano between the ages of 20 to 40. Anal fistula may connect body cavities such as vagina and rectum that may connect the cavity to the surface of the skin.
Pain during defecation, bleeding with stools, skin irritation, constipation and fever etc are common signs and symptoms of fistula in ano.
Diet and Home Remedies for Fistula in Ano
Anal fistula natural treatment along with home remedies for fistula in ano both works side by side wonderfully to manage the condition.
Diet plays a very important role in the treatment of fistula in ano. Constipation is the basic reason that aggravates the condition further, so it has to be avoided.
- Diet with high fiber is highly recommended. Fiber works by increasing the amount of stools in the intestines. Regular use of high fiber diet can be useful to manage the condition. Person should take plenty of water while using high fiber. It cleans the colons and avoids constipation. Fiber is made of large carbohydrate molecules that pass through the intestines without being used by the body.
Examples of high fiber diet are:-
Wheat germ Brown rice Brown bread Barley Whole wheat pasta Papaya Banana Orange Apple Pear Broccoli Cauliflower Spinach Carrot Reddish Tomato Onion Green pepper and so many
- Avoid very spicy, hot food items which may lead to further complications and increases the signs and symptoms. All this may aggravate the condition like pain and bleeding during defecation.
- Drink half of cup of raw cabbage juice daily to soften the stools and easy passage.
- Drink plenty of water to clear the channels and flush out the toxins out from the body.
- Eat papaya as it is very effective fruit to clear the bowels and avoid constipation.
- Take 1000 mg of vitamin C rich diet as it helps in prevention of anal fistula from the anal abscess. Amla, oranges, papaya, kiwi & strawberries etc are the main source of vitamin C. One amla is equal to 30 oranges in nutritional values.
- Have less meal at a time and avoid large meals so that intestines have less amount of food to digest at a time.
- Avoid excessive cleansing of the anal region as it may leads to irritation and itching of the particular area.
- Sitz bath must be tried and it is mostly suggested by the doctors. In sitz bath buttocks are immersed in warm water up to almost 30 minutes at a time. Some analgesic oils can also be added to pacify the symptoms.
- Use ring shaped cushion that takes weight off the anus. As it reduces the pressure over blood vessels of the anal region.
Herbal Remedies for Anal Fistula by Shri Ganga Pharmacy
Shri Ganga Pharmacy provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fistula Care Pack for natural treatment of anal fistula without any side effects. The herbal remedies have been treating such kind of diseases through various herbs and roots found naturally in the world. These remedies contain natural ingredients, which help in treatment of anal fistula, reducing the infection and building a strong immunity in the body.